I am available for keynotes, as a panelist, in workshops or as an author appearance. I am also available for media events — recorded, online or live coverage. For more information including fees and other requirements, select the Contact Us slider on my website.
There have been hundreds of lectures to professional organizations, conferences, police and military audiences, Senate and Parliamentary Committees.
A Sample of Lectures and Appearances
- ”The Evolution of Terrorists into Gangsters”; Address to the Yale’s Institute of Strategic Studies/Professor Paul Kennedy’s students; November 1994.
- “Common Ground: The Shared Interests of Canada and the United States”; May 1997, an impromptu lecture (the request was on the spot) for the Iowa City International Affairs Club, while on the US Congressional Visitors Program.
- “Canada – the Unguarded Kingdom”; Presentation to the US Congressional Sub-committee on Immigration; January 27th, 2000.
- “Bad Apples in the Barrels: Security in a Multicultural Society”: Lecture to the National Executive body of B’nai Brith Canada, May 6th, 2001.
- “Policing with the World on Your Beat”; Dinner speech to the Sesquicentennial Celebration of the St Thomas Police Force, October 19th, 2002.
- “Terrorism and Transnational Crime: The Case of the LTTE”; Centre for Conflict Studies’ Fall Seminar, October 3-4, 2003.
- Briefing and resource person for OPP Intelligence Bureau Training Conference, Lake Wigamog, 2005.
- Participant, Ditchley House Conference “Can Terrorism be Comprehensively Eradicated?” December 2006 (Invitations to Ditchley House conferences are a signal recognition of expertise by the British government).
- Six lecture series on Military and Security Issues, Glendon College, York University, September-November, 2007.
- “Terror, Radical Islam and Free Speech”; University of Toronto Faculty Club, 15 May, 2008.
- “Extra-legality in Counter-Terrorism”: Luncheon speaker to an annual meeting of former members of the British SAS held at an undisclosed location in Toronto, in early April 2011.
- “Fourth Generation Warfare and the Challenge of Social Media”; Queen’s University Foreign Policy Conference; November 12th, 2011.
- “The Myths of the First World War”, Royal Niagara United Services Institute, March 21st, 2012.
- “From Rocks to Glocks: A Kinetic History of Homicide”, The Bloody Words Annual Conference, June 7th 2014.